Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Heart of Worship

the topic this week is Heart of Worship and Will & Erika Strickland are teaching.  I absolutely love this dynamic duo.  they are my favorite Stricklands ever.

yesterday and today Will taught.  soooo good!  he started off with teaching on the tabernacle and all the specifications for building it – normally, an easily boring topic.  however, he made it so interesting (plus he’s hilarious so that helps).  did you know that all the items and the things they were made out of represent Christ and man in some way??  oh my goodness – MIND BLOWING!  I have heard so many teachings on the tabernacle and nothing ever stuck.  I’m sure someone’s even taught me before that everything represents Christ in some way – it’s just that it finally made sense to me.  you hear things enough from enough people and eventually something sticks.  stick a fork in me, I’m DONE!  Open-mouthed smile  everything from the acacia wood to the colors to the number or things to the position of the altar on an elevated place…it all represents things.

and then there’s the HUGE grace factor that studying this stuff stirs up.  how thankful I am that God lets us come directly to Him now and worship Him and ask forgiveness without having to go thru all the procedures and protocols!  all because of Jesus’ ultimate sacrifice.  mmmm such grace abounds to us!

the second part of yesterday, he taught on Proverbs 4:23, which says something to the effect of “Above all else, guard your heart – for it is the wellspring of life” (Jen version, I can’t find the translation that words it that way right now).  each of our hearts is like a well.  shoot, I have to pack up and head back to the base but I’ll continue this later – it’s so gooooood!!!!

No comments: