Friday, November 20, 2009

carless

so - i sold my car last weekend! that was an answer to prayer. i didn't owe any money on her, but her ability to eat gas at a high rate bugged me and drove me nuts! i didn't think anyone would want her - she was really fun to drive (an Escape) but she had some dents. but - i sold her!

so now i'm carless for the first time since i totaled my car when i was 17 (which, by the way, was NOT my fault - let's just go on the record here). i feel like i'm back in jr. high. not having a car makes you incredibly dependent on other people. and plans have to change when you can't get a ride.

and so here i sit at work, waiting for a ride. waiting, waiting, waiting. but that's ok. i sold my car. i'm relieved.

now i need a new car. and car shopping drives me nuts because i'm so picky when it comes to vehicles! you know how some people could care less and they're like "as long as it runs, i'm happy"? yeah - i'm not one of those. i want great gas mileage, a big vehicle, and it has to be a manual. all for not a lot of $$. oh and preferrably a Honda or Toyota.

good luck with that, jen.

2 comments:

Valerie said...

You're blogging again! I hadn't given up hope.... I was still checking in every now and again. Good to "hear" from you!

Jessica said...

And look at you now! You have a car that you love. It's manual. An SUV. And it gets great gas mileage! By the way, remember how you sold your Escape? :)