Monday, November 01, 2010

unexpected blessing

I just had a super unexpected blessing!  I was eating lunch and talking with friends and somehow the topic of outreach came up and someone asked how much I had left to raise and I said I had received $400 in support so far so I need quite a bit still.  one of the guys in my DTS got up and said “don’t go anywhere!” and disappeared and came back with an envelope with multiple checks inside that add up to $300!  he has all his money raised and his dad found these checks in his bedroom back home and sent them here for him.  and my friend had forgotten about the checks until we were talking at lunch and he said he felt like God wanted him to give the checks to me because God wants me to go on this trip.

how cool is that?!  hahaha Smile  this literally just happened like 20 minutes ago.  unfortunately, the internet isn’t working right now so I can’t upload this right away!

God is so cool.  Smile  I mean, sure it’s easy to say that when He blesses us in ways like this.  I pray that I continue to speak of His awesomeness when hard times come.

I haven’t been too stressed about money since coming out there, but yesterday in church all of a sudden I had a wave of stress hit me.  I started thinking “oh my goodness, I have no job, I have no income…if I have to pay for the rest of outreach out of pocket, I’m going to come back with next to nothing…” and I had to really work hard to not let the stress come over me for the rest of the day.  I know God will provide for me, even if that means my bank account being depleted.  He is above money.

yesterday and today I’ve just been really sickened by my pride and so that’s been something I’ve consciously been trying to turn from last night and especially so far today.

and then this happened.  hehe Smile  praise God!!

No comments: