Sunday, November 21, 2010

1 month left in Denver!!

4 weeks left here – YAY!  this week is Thanksgiving, so my aunt & uncle from Cheyenne are picking me and Krystle up Wednesday for the long weekend!  then I’ll just have 3 weeks left!  Dec. 20th we fly to Estonia, by way of Germany.  we have a 6 hour layover in Frankfurt, so we are getting to explore the city for about 4 hours!  here’s what our schedule tentatively looks like:

Dec. 20th – fly to Estonia (layover in Germany, explore Frankfurt)
January 2nd – take a bus to Latvia
January 12th – fly from Latvia to Norway (Skein)
February 4th – fly back to Denver
February 12th – FLY HOME!

I’ve heard outreach flies by, and I’m pretty sure the fact that we will be going to 3 different places will make it go by even faster.

I am so excited to get home!  I miss my family, my friends, the weather, beach volleyball, LPC, indoor volleyball, the water, the bridges, working out with friends, saturday afternoons floating in the pool at Bait Shack on giant floating bean bags with Tiff, the culture, Leigh Ann’s coffee shop, hammocks, giant bean bags (as in Shane’s), Zeva, fresh bananas, mangoes, kayaking, sweating, sushi, simple pleasures…just to name a few things (and in no particular order).

shoot, listing those things makes me even MORE longing to be back on the islands!

I am really excited for outreach, though.  Jae & Kevin (our leaders – um, they pretty much rock my face off), have made a point of making this outreach music-oriented.  we don’t know a whole lot of what we’ll be doing yet, but some things are doing music seminars, leading worship (we will split up into 3 or 4 teams and rotate around), doing a concert, and running youth camps.

I am so stoked that worship will have such a big part in this journey.  trying to focus on fearing God and not man.  I cannot wait to go on this adventure as I cling even more closely to God for His grace, strength, and power.  it is a battle already to not let fear and anxiety start bubbling up in me.  I will GREATLY appreciate your prayers while I’m on outreach!

thank you to EVERYONE who has been praying for me or even if you just prayed 1 little prayer for me or whatever – THANK YOU!  I can honestly say I’ve felt a difference. this journey with YWAM so far has been amazing and I am amazed at what God has done in me already.  it’s definitely been by His strength and not my own.

I’m going to do a few different posts tonight.

keep it real.
~jen

No comments: