Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Cooking Revisited







Dude. Totally cooked last night. No fires. Totally edible. Holla!! :D

I learned a lot. For instance, when it calls for 2 cloves of garlic, that does not mean 2 whole bulb-things of garlic. I never even knew there were cloves in garlic. My friend walked in right when I was peeling the first garlic thing and I asked how I chop up garlic because I never had before. So they peel it and go "here's a clove, here's a clove, here's another one..." and I said, "wait...so if it calls for 2 cloves of garlic, that doesn't mean 2 whole things...??"

Yeah, definitely glad I asked how to cut garlic.

I also learned what al-dente means. I don't know if I spelled that right. But apparently lots of people know that term.

It was supposed to be a "20 minutes or less" meal. It took me over an hour.

But - let me remind you - there were no fires in the kitchen this time!!!!
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

2 comments:

Nenna said...

Haha.. let me ask; is it true that americans dont (ever) cook? :D That food looked good.. ;) And no fires!

Helene

Unknown said...

hahaha that is SO not true!! tons of Americans cook! i have just been spoiled and my mom always cooked for me and then in college i would buy food and have my roommates cook it :) now i'm finally trying to learn. haha :) but yes, lots and lots of Americans cook!