Wednesday, January 12, 2005

failure

sad...i'm probably the most pathetic blogger people ever. i think i'm retarded for even giving in to the blog craze and having a blog, but then i read other people's and i'm like "hey...i want to do that". then i don't post. i guess i just need to make it a regular part of my schedule, to update my blog so everyone can be nosy and read what's in my mind. because we all know we're dying to know just what all goes on inside jen's head. i mean, c'mon...i am the BEAST. that should be intriguing enough.

so i don't want to go back to LU at all. well i take that back. today i finally found things that got me excited to go back again. like the passionate love for Christ that so many people have there and that is evident on the campus. i miss the amazing times of praise & worship we have at campus church. i miss the passion. and i miss my friends, especially boonie. i'm losing my west virginian accent the longer i'm away from her. because i know i was getting real close at sounding like a true WV-er. :P i don't REALLY miss my job, but i miss the money. :)

it's funny how your attitude towards things can change so quickly. when it came time to come home for break, i didn't really feel like i needed to come home. i was perfectly content being out there. but the longer i've been home, the more and more i've realized how incredibly much i love my family (which i already knew) but also my friends. and after an awesome college retreat last weekend, i just want to be here to encourage people and see our group grow spiritually, which it's been needing to do for a really long time. but i guess really, i'm not a good encourager 'cause i don't speak up and when i do, people usually don't take me seriously. :) so i guess i might as well go back to LU and just commit to praying for the group and individually for people throughout the semester. **note to WCBC-ers: feel free to call me whenever because i really love talking to you guys while i'm away, even though i'm hard to get a hold of with my schedule. :) so call me even if it's just to say "i got a new chapstick today" 'cause i would be excited for you.

man being home and around my friends has also really challenged me to figure out where i stand on some issues. i have so many questions about some things but i never know who to ask 'cause i don't want to bug people with my questions. :) so if you're willing to answer one or all of them, let me know 'cause they're things i really want answered.

ryan and nancy are so awesome!! i have absolutely loved getting to see them for the first time as a married couple. they have such a healthy marriage, and even though it's only been a few months (almost 4!), you can just tell by the way they handle things that they will continue to have an awesome, healthy marriage. i miss them being in the college class though. sad.

see this is what happens. i finally post on my blog and i write a book and then i don't post again. i'm gonna try to buck the trend this time, for real.

i hope marissa gets a site going for our college class. :) that would rock my face off.

well, kelly slater is calling my name. time to go surf a little before bed.

keep it real.
~jen~

No comments: