Sunday, January 16, 2005

last night in GR

so tonight's my last night in good ol' GR. it's bittersweet. up until tonight i really wasn't "stoked" to leave GR and get back to LU. but thanks to the most letdown night of break, i'm just fine with getting out of here. i still don't want to leave my family, but atleast they'll call me while i'm gone and hopefully i'll see 'em in March down in the Keys.

yesterday was so fun 'cause kristen did the sweetest thing and called a bunch of friends from LU and had them call me at different times throughout the day and wish me a happy birthday. :) that was so awesome! i got some of the best voicemail messages EVER! and of course i had to save 'em :) i think the highlight may have been yeoman's happy birthday song with his friends. jon adam's (i don't even know how to explain his rendition, but it was almost like a male marilyn monroe, for lack of a better description - haha) and josh roschon's (getting the people at IHOP to sing to me definitely earns some extra points) were close seconds though. so thank you so much to all of you who called me or texted me, whether you were from LU or here at home :) i don't like having birthday parties for me so that was the perfect thing!

man i had some super fun times with people while i've been home. i just had a rough couple of last days of break, but that's okay. i know they love me (for whatever reason, probably because i'm really really really ridiculously good looking) and i love them, we all just come across the wrong way sometimes i guess. i think it's just time i leave for awhile again and come back so the newness of having jen home is exciting again and people want to hang out with me :)

i'm getting a goldfish when i get back to LU. i'm going to buy him with the $20 my grandparents sent me for my birfday! and i'm going to name him Gil. and in the morning, i'm going to wake up and represent for What About Bob. if you've seen the movie, you know what i'm talking about. :)
oh yeah, tony and elisabeth got married today!! they had a very casual wedding/reception, but it was different and i liked it and i really pray God blesses their marriage and they're super happy the rest of their lives together :)

alright i need to get to bed. i've totally biffed it up on my devotions yesterday and today. i'm so bad at making the time to do them, even though i have the time throughout the day. URGH!

keep it real.
~jen~

No comments: