Sunday, October 21, 2012

today: random bewilderments

I had to look up the word “bewilderment” after I wrote it.  true story.  it’s like one of those words that nobody really uses a lot, but at random times it just seems like the best word to use.  I had to dictionary.com it to make sure I used it correctly.  ain’t no shame.

today as I was driving, I saw a dog on the side of the road…happily frolicking…in poop.  or a dead animal.  I couldn’t tell for sure as I drove by.  but it was wagging it’s tail and rolling around over and over.  as I passed, I laughed but felt bad for the dog’s owners.

about 50 feet past the dog, there was a cow on the side of the road that had gotten out of its pasture.  I would prefer him on my plate.  but hey, as long as he stays off the road, I’m OK.

I went to a coffee shop today, one that my cousin and i have had numerous “wow, really?” moments at.  so, normally I now just get a decaf coffee or an Americano to keep it simple.  but today, I ordered a soy hazelnut decaf latte.  because it’s Sunday.  and I was craving something sweet.  and like I said, it’s Sunday.  c’mon.  I should’ve known this wasn’t going to end well the moment the barista turned to her co-worker and said “it’s an iced coffee”. …  I interrupted her and asked if they were making my latte iced.  and she looked at me confused and said, “well yeah, that’s what a latte is - all lattes are iced.”  … oh boy.  I had to give a polite lesson in what a latte was.  to the coffee shop.  this was the same place that I once ordered decaf coffee and the barista (a different one) looked at me totally confused and asked, “so…do you like…want that brewed or…?”  … ????  over 5 minutes later, I left with milky coffee.  sigh.  I guess I’ll stick to homemade lattes.

on the flip side, one of our high school girls gave her testimony at church today and it was amazing!  I LOVE seeing God work in and thru people.  turning ashes into beauty.  it’s awesome.  we serve a GREAT God who is so much more incomparably better than bad coffee drinks.

No comments: