Monday, October 15, 2012

a quick status update

I wish you could be here with me right now.  I don’t even care who you are.  as long as you’re not a creeper.  assuming you’re mentally stable and healthy, I wish you could be here with me right now.

I came down to Denver for a couple nights to hang out with my cousin.  she’s at work right now, so I’m at a coffee shop.  trying to force myself to get at least SOME work done.  it is absolutely beautiful out.  the sky is so blue and the mountains are so crisp and it’s WARM!  it’s supposed to be in the 70’s today!

as I headed to the coffee shop, I had vague but pretty easy directions from my cousin on how to get there. so I headed West on the road.  and my heart nearly bursted (burst?  bursted?) out of my chest.  the view of the mountains was MAGNIFICIENT.  oh my goodness.  snow on the higher peaks.  I quickly decided I didn’t even care if I found the coffee shop, I was just going to drive West until I could get a clear view of the mountains.

then the road ended in a parking lot surrounded by buildings.  epic fail.

so I told myself if I could work for at least 2 hours at the coffee shop, I could go drink in the beauty of God’s creation.  :)

my heart is full.  I have tasted and I have seen the power of God the past 3 weeks specifically in my life.  speaking at church, leading the worship gathering, completing my first 1/2 marathon.

today is a day to breathe.

and breathe deeply the greatness of my Creator.

No comments: