Wednesday, October 24, 2012

my top 7 reasons for liking the snow tonight

it’s snowing right now.  it’s actually beautiful, it’s the big fluffy flakes that just gently fall to the ground.  I’d take a picture but it’s night and the camera won’t do it justice.

normally, I would be twitching involuntarily and going around with my hands in fists and exclaiming, “I HATE THIS!!”

but tonight, no.  I am quite at peace about it.  here are my top reasons (perhaps my only reasons) why:

  1. The farmers/ranchers need moisture (look, I put that one first so I sound super selfless and hopefully appear to be the most humble person you know).  (please regard anything in parentheses as completely sarcastic).  No but really, they really do need the moisture.
  2. I have an amazing, warm, squishy, down coat that I just got a couple weeks ago.  Not only is it amazing, warm, and squishy, but I also look like a slightly-deflated black marshmallow.  or the Michelin man.  and I feel squishy.  and it’s awesome.
  3. I have super warm gloves that Cristine introduced me to last winter.  And since I went home to Florida for 1/2 the winter last year (don’t hate), now I can get more use out of them!
  4. When I wake up in the morning, I don’t have to drive to work on the icy, gross, freezing, snowy roads.  My jobs rock.  The furthest I have to walk tomorrow is from my bed to the coffee pot, back to my desk in my bedroom.  Given the fabulous layout of our house, that means I don’t even have to walk outside.  it’s a beautiful thing, really.
  5. I can drink the same large amount of coffee I normally drink, but now use the legitimate excuse that it helps keep me warm and my body temperature stable.
  6. I have a space heater that cranks up to 80 degrees and I can have my own Jack Johnson/Bob Marley festival in my room and put on surf documentaries.
  7. In 10 days, I will be in SoFla (South Florida) for 11 days.  This might be my #1 reason for being at peace with the snow tonight, but I put it last so it appears that I’m not rubbing it in.

No comments: