Tuesday, September 04, 2012

the week of “whaaat??!!”

I have to summarize my week that happened a couple weeks ago because it is drenched in God’s faithfulness and awesomeness and…I’m still blown away when I think about it.

Aug. 21 – for a few days, anxiety had been building up more and more inside of me because I wasn’t finding anything available to rent and my bank account balance was dwindling and my credit card balance was growing.  I was starting to think there was no way I could afford a place to rent because the couple places that were available were a lot bigger than I needed and more than I could afford.  and I couldn’t think of any girls in this town that I know that I could share a place with (everyone I knew at the time was either in high school or married…yes, the ever-increasing problem when you get older and are still single).  I started questioning if I had heard God’s call wrong.  I thought He was opening doors and directing me to stay out here for now.  but 2 major components to me staying were missing – a place to live and an income to support it.

desperate to hear from God, I went for a drive.  because that’s what jen does.  I literally cried out to God for some type of direction.  something clear, because I was at the end of my rope and so confused as to what I was supposed to be doing all of a sudden.  everything that had seemed so clear was suddenly a puddle of mush in my mind.  it was at this point that I realized I 100% needed God.  there have been so many times I’ve cried out to God for direction or answers, but I had an “alternate plan” in my back pocket just in case He didn’t give me a clear direction or answer.  does that make sense?  but now I really needed Him.  I had no alternate plan.  I had no extra $$ sitting in my bank account.

and…oh my goodness.  God answered.

that night, that same exact night, I was given the amazing opportunity to come on staff at my church (part-time)!!!!  what in the world?!

Aug. 22 – I wake up with my hope renewed.  I had confirmation from God that this is where He wanted me.  He was providing the finances for me to stay.  I knew He was going to provide a place for me to live.

that day, my friend who works as a paraprofessional at the high school called me, asking if I wanted to sub for her that Friday.  I’d never subbed before in my life, but I took the job because it wasn’t as intimidating as subbing for a teacher.  I couldn’t believe it – God was dropping another opportunity in my lap to provide more $$ income!

Aug. 24th – received a $$ bonus from my work back home for reaching a milestone mark in online store sales!

Aug. 25th – received a $$ support check from one of my friends back home!!

Aug. 26th – my friend Megan took me over to her friend’s house.  her friend owns this house and rents out the basement to another girl and had an open room upstairs she was looking to rent!

WOW.

I am blown away by God.  I am blown away by His grace to answer my desperate call for help.  I never had any reason to doubt or question or worry…but I still did.  and yet He is so gracious and patient.  and forgiving.

No comments: