Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Overheard at the coffee shop

Today at the coffee shop, I overheard a woman, probably in her 40's, talking to the barista about what she should order. She said, "I'm just getting in to the coffee scene-".

Props to that woman for making it that far in life before entering the "scene". I'm going to guess she didn't go to college. :)

College was when I fell into the scene. Freshman year. I distinctly remember my first drink (we're talking coffee here, remember?). I was training for work, which involved 2 weeks of 40 hours of training each week. Taking a full load of classes. Because I went straight from class to work until around midnight, i had to study for an exam in the wee hours of the morning. My roommate, Boonie, helped me out by making me coffee and loading it with cream (no sugar, of course - gross). And I was hooked. Coffee got me thru the juggle of school, work, and a social life.

I hope that woman enjoys her drink today.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment:

Marissa said...

that's the reason I give people when they act shocked that I don't drink coffee... "I didn't do the whole college thing".