Monday, August 22, 2011

into the unknown

I realized for quite possibly the first time in my life, I have made a move where I have no clue what’s going on.

when I went away to college, I knew that’s what I was doing – for the next 4 years of my life, I would be going to college (wow…4 years of sitting in classes?  sounds awful now…haha).  when I moved to the Keys, I knew where I would be working.

now I have packed up my life (reduced to the size of my toaster…aka Zeva…aka my Scion xB). I have travelled over 2,400 miles.  I have no income.  I have no idea how long I will be here.  I have no idea whatsoever how I’m going to survive winter (I cringe at the thought – so let’s think happy thoughts…it’s 91 out right now…that’s really happy).

it’s tempting to dwell on the fact that there are many unknowns in my life right now.  but that just leads to anxiety.  instead, I have to choose to take every thought captive and refocus on Jesus.  because it is only thru Him that I have any hope, strength, or sanity.

living by faith.  fully alive.  there’s really no better place to be.

and I’m not alone.  besides knowing God is omnipresent (although I wouldn’t blame Him if He chose to stay in the tropical sections of the world during the winter), I am blessed to have family here to live with!!  I have great family here, great family in Nebraska, a great cousin in Denver as of last week (shout out to Rachel!!), and a crazy amount of friends in the Denver area that I can visit.  I’m so thankful that I know people out here because I could have taken this crazy move 1 step further into craziness by going somewhere where I knew nobody.

hey this was fun – I’m sitting here at a coffee shop attached to the library downtown (sweeeeet library, by the way – I feel smarter just being here).  all of a sudden my cousin & her husband walk in (Cristine and Paul).  it was so fun, in a city full of people I don’t know, to have 2 people I DO know walk in!  they’re so great :)

PS – still in desperate want for a left-handed guitar.  my current donation fund for such a purchase is…drum roll please…$0.  that’s including interest.  if you feel so led as to contribute to this purchase (estimated to be around $350), you just let me know!  ;)

ok – now off to finding my way back home…I swear I almost had like 5 accidents in parking lots today.  I have no idea why, but I’m going to blame it on weird Cheyenne drivers because OBVIOUSLY it can’t be me.  :)

No comments: