Sunday, August 14, 2011

right wasn’t right

while I was up in Cheyenne, WY a couple weeks ago, I had what could possibly be a huge revelation that could lead to HUGER things.

for over 10 years, I have tried learning the guitar.  I bought my first guitar about 10 years ago, a classical.  soon after that I bought an acoustic-electric that I’ve had ever since.  but I’ll try playing the guitar for a little while, then get frustrated that I can’t keep the rhythm when strumming to songs.  for the life of me, I can’t do it.  being somewhat musically inclined, this has frustrated me to no end.

yes, I’m a white girl, but I do have some rhythm.  ;)

so these 10 years I’ve claimed that I’m strum-deficient.  and really, if you ever try to sing along with me playing the guitar, you’ll quickly agree. i've literally had friends give up trying to teach me at times because i just can't get strum patterns down. my poor friends :)

while contemplating this dilemma yet again a couple weeks ago, I had this revelation:  I’m left handed. ok so I’ve known I’m left-handed since before like kindergarten.  but I realized maybe I ought to be playing a left-handed guitar because when I hear music playing, my left hand starts “air-guitaring” – strumming to the music.  I think my rhythm is in my left hand.  I just learned to play on a right-hand guitar because that’s what the majority of people play, and all my friends had right-hand guitars.  the thought never crossed my mind that this may be my problem.

so.  I am now on the quest to save up enough money for a lefty.  I’ve priced them, and I think I can get one for as little as $350 at Guitar Center.  that is, if I can’t find a used one through craigslist or through connections first.

oh – what’s that?  you wanted to know if you could donate to my left-handed guitar fund?!  awwww!  I want to give you a huge hug!!!  of course you can!!!  just message me on facebook or email and we’ll talk ;)

shameless plea for monetary donations are the best, aren’t they?  :)

no, but really – this revelation could mean HUGE things for future lead worshipping.

No comments: