Wednesday, July 20, 2011

cool people I’ve met

I have met some really cool, random, interesting people since coming out West 3 weeks ago:

-a woman who previously lived in LA working as a paparazzi.  totally legit.  I’ve never met anyone from the paparazzi career field until now.  she was so fun to talk to!

-our first session at camp this week, I see this kid walk in with a “Rockford football” shirt on.  afterwards, I found him and it turns out he goes to the same high school I went to.  when he told me his name, I realized I knew who his brother was (didn’t actually know him) – his brother had bought a couch from my parents back when they were moving from MI to FL.  his brother was going to be going to Bible college out in La Grange, WY.  ok so then yesterday he comes to the session wearing a shirt sporting the name of the church I went to for awhile up in Michigan.  small world.

-on our trail ride yesterday, I was talking to the head wrangler dude and found out he just did his YWAM DTS in WY last fall and he’s thinking about going on staff there!  YWAMmers have like…an instant friendship because you’ve both been thru a DTS and know the experience.

just a few of the cool run-ins I’ve had out here.

did I mention I am absolutely loving this time out West?

2 comments:

Marissa said...

jess and I were talking last night about how excited we are for you and your experience =)

Unknown said...

awww - you guys rock!!!! i have great friends. their names are Mrissa and Boonie. :D