Thursday, July 14, 2011

My hero

Yesterday I decided maybe it was ok to walk around the yard at the ranch - we hadn't seen any snakes around the house yet. So I ventured out in my flip-flops. I spotted a cool rock so I walked over to it to get a closer look and came across a baby snake about a foot in front of me. It looked like a rattlesnake but it was too young to have a rattle so it was hard to tell. My dad came over with a shovel to kill it but decided instead to pick it up to look at it. So we're standing there inspecting it and my mom got close enough to see it and yells, "Charles!! That's a rattlesnake!!!" Baby rattlesnakes are usually more poisonous because they shoot all their venom when they bite.




Even after half severing it's head, it was still a fighter...


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: