Tuesday, February 01, 2011

Oslo, Norway

2/1/11 12:40am
HAPPY 1st BIRTHDAY BEN!! Awwww!!! :)

We made our way to Oslo today (err...now yesterday). We are staying in a big church that requires cards to enter a lot of the rooms (like hotel room cards). For the 1st time on outreach we are sleeping on the floor without real mattresses. Using my sleeping pad! Finally a taste of "real" outreach - haha :)

We are doing cleaning at the church for the first couple days. Then we don't know what. Oh and having debrief meetings with our leaders. I had mine today - woot woooot!

I can't sleep. I'm not tired. I listened to my iPod. I watched the rest of Princess Bride. I played Snake on my phone. So I decided to be more productive and write up a blog.

We found out today that we'll be staying up at Eagle Rock during our time in Denver. Sad. We're all bummed. We wanted to be in Arvada, either at the base or at least near it. Sadly, there is no cell service and no Starbucks and no fantastic sams up at the Eagle Rock base. Just...more snow. Fabulous. :)

4 more days til we fly back to the States! I hope I can get starbucks during our layover in Chicago.

I think I can't sleep because I'm so stinkin excited to be back in the Keys!!!!!!!

I'm laying on my back and this exit sign is so bright that I could probably read if I wanted to.




2 comments:

Jessica said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY Ben!! From Sara N. and me! :) Jen: Sara's question - Is Ben still crying as much as he used to? haha He had a nice set of lungs! Hopefully I'll get to see him this summer!

Unknown said...

let's just say...when i talk to Sadie on the phone, most of the time i have to hold the phone away from my ear because i hear a mix of Ben and Claire causing chaos in the background - hahaha i can't wait to see those little scoundrels!!