Saturday, February 12, 2011

jargmine peatus...FLORIDA!

that's Estonian for "next stop - Florida!" (i memorized it from our endless hours riding busses in Estonia).

i'm sitting in the Denver airport, waiting to board - which is in about 2 hours. :P this morning on the way to the airport, we saw a beautiful orange/pink sunrise with the city lights shining underneath and the downtown skyline looking fabulous amidst it all. as if that weren't beautiful enough, we had the sunrise out our right windows and the beautiful snow capped rocky mountain range on our left. pictures couldn't do it justice - i tried.

i am so stoked to get home and squeeze the little Segard offsprings and my family and friends!! i can't wait to go to the beach. i can't wait to go to LPC. i can't wait to drive Zeva. i can't wait to lay in my hammock. i can't wait to get some color back into this pasty white skin of mine (it's kinda to the point of embarassing).

it is going to be SO WEIRD to not have my YWAM family around 24/7.

i had my flip flops attached to my carry on. somewhere between checking in and getting thru security i lost 1. sad. at least they were worn out and way past due for throwing away. i called my mom and asked her to bring me a pair to change into. priorities, man.

i cannot wait to have lots of quiet time over the next couple of weeks!! there is a lot i want to share on here about what God has taught me and/or has done in my life over the past 5 months.

5 months. wow. that's almost 1/2 a year. it didn't sound like long when i entered in to this adventure. now when i look back it seems like a long time.

i wish airport food wasn't so stinkin' jacked up expensive. my schedule for treats today:
first, coffee - i was going to go with a chai from Starbucks but i'm getting that later. i settled for McD's.
second, jamba juice smoothie. maybe the acai/oatmeal topper.
third, pollo tropical - exit 16, baby!
fourth, Starbucks for a soy chai latte - Florida City, right before hitting the 18 mile stretch into earthly paradise!!

eeeek!!

man i miss traveling with people - there's no one to watch my bags so i can wander off.

within the last week, by the end of today, i will have hit up 6 different airports - 1 of which (Denver) i'll have hit twice...so that would be 7 airport visits, but 6 different ones.

i've continued to wake up by 4:15am everyday this week (except Sunday). this morning i woke up at 3:30am. beautiful. :P hey, at least it was easy to be up and ready for our 6am departure from the base.

oh my goodness i just started singing "Avalanche" in my head and almost teared up thinking of Kate. man, withdrawal from my YWAM fam is gonna be rough (rough...aw, angel!). i swear, so many things i say/hear/see remind me of people now!

jargmine peatus...FLORIDA!

1 comment:

helina said...

love the headline! :)

Peace to you!