Monday, February 28, 2011

“Jesus Calling”–Feb 28th

I don’t know the rules of blogging things from books…so I’m just going to do it and if someone has a problem with it, I’ll remove it. :)

I’m really lovin’ the daily little devotions in this little book called “Jesus Calling”.  Here are excerpts from today’s:

“Stop judging and evaluation yourself, for this is not your role.  Above all, stop comparing yourself with other people.  This produces feelings of pride or inferiority; sometimes, a mixture of both.  I [God] lead each of My children along a path that is uniquely tailor-made for him or her.  Comparing is not only wrong; it is also meaningless.

“Don’t look for affirmation in the wrong places: your own evaluations, or those of other people.  The only source of real affirmation is My [God’s] unconditional Love…

“I died for your sins, that I might clothe you in My garments of salvation.  This is how I see you: radiant in My robe of righteousness…

“Immerse yourself in My [God’s] loving Presence.  Be receptive to My affirmation, which flows continually from the throne of grace.”

One of the Scripture references for this entry is Isaiah 61:10:

“I delight greatly in the LORD;
   my soul rejoices in my God.
For he has clothed me with garments of salvation
   and arrayed me in a robe of his righteousness,
as a bridegroom adorns his head like a priest,
   and as a bride adorns herself with her jewels.”

I love Isaiah 61.  I could do a whole blog entry on it.  ok maybe I will.  :)

No comments: