Sunday, February 27, 2011

great is His faaaaaithfulness

I got the Jesus Culture “Come Away” album this past week.  if you have it, you’ll know the song the title of this entry is from.

saturday morning I filled up a page in my prayer journal listing areas I saw God’s faithfulness over the past 5 or 6 months of my life.  I could’ve filled a lot of pages, I’m sure.  but it was so cool to do that – to remind myself of His faithfulness.  all He has provided for me, how He was carried me by His strength when I’m weak.

re-entry back into the real world has its rough times.  so confused at where I’m supposed to be, what I’m supposed to be doing.  there’s 2 directions I’m still trying to choose between (and maybe God wants me going a totally different direction and I’m not picking up on that yet…).  youth ministry in the Keys or pursuing worship leading up in the Denver/Cheyenne area.  I absolutely love my car and don’t want to sell her, but there are some days I wonder if I should just sell it and go live in Australia or a Spanish-speaking country for a little while.  live off the money from selling my car.

on 1/29/11 I posted an entry on here and said this: “i guess God knows i work best on short notice, when i dont have time to worry about it beforehand.”  a day or 2 later, our team all got little cards that staff/students at the YWAM Skien base had written for us.  they were things they had prayed about, asking God for words/pictures for each of us.  mine was crazy dead-on.  I’ll list the other things and explain why they’re dead-on but 3rd on the list says this: “Picture of an 8 ball, you are good under pressures –it’s a gift”.  ok that was like 1/30/11 that we got these cards.  look again at the beginning of this paragraph – the quote from my blog entry that I wrote 1/29/11.  haha whaaaat?  it’s so true.  I can focus better and work faster and “just do it” when I’m under pressure.  it was crazy to see that on this card (I’m always a bit skeptical when people pray to get “words/pictures” for others).

the other things on the card:

-“The more you know your identity, the more you will walk in Authority.”  Identity is one area that God has really been shaping within me over the past year or so and an area I really felt God grew confidence in me over the 5 months I was at YWAM.  and that statement is so true.  know Whose you are.
-“You are a leader” – this is something I never believed about myself until I went thru outreach and realized I DO have leadership ability in me.
-“God used the weak in the world’s eyes to glorify Himself.  He wants to use you.”  there are some things in life (like leading worship) that I always thought I was too weak to do and I would never be able to do it.  I determined to try it over outreach if the opportunity came up – to operate in my weakness and allow God to be my strength.  when Shane took me to the airport to fly to YWAM last September, he reminded me of this super cool dude (I can’t remember his name…Nick?) from Australia with no arms and no legs and how he’s changing lives by sharing his testimony and doing what he can, in spite of the “weakness” of having no arms/legs.  he’s allowing God to use him in mighty ways.  I used to (and still often do) see myself as weak weak weak – but I know and have experienced God’s strength and power to use the weak.
-“Song: Lead Me to the Cross” – this was the last song I had led at the youth group we went to the weekend before in Holum!  it was the one and only time I did that song during the whole outreach – and I gave it all to God when I led it.  worshipped abandoned to fear of man and keeping my eyes on Jesus.
-this last one was written by a Norwegian I think, because some of the wording doesn’t make sense but I think this is what it was saying: “Picture of a boat and you were controlling the boat.  But Jesus wanted to control the boat for you.  He wants to take all your burdens, all your tears.  He just wants to love you and show you where to go…”

No comments: