Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Sounds replace smells

1/11/11 Most people associate things with smells. Smelling something specific brings back specific memories.

I don't get to have that. :) but, like many people, music/sounds bring back memories.

I'm laying on the couch right now (my bed in Latvia) and a couple nights I've listened to Spanish lessons on my iPod as I fell asleep. Tonight I saw a "Spanish Guitar" album at the top of my "Spanish" list so, curious, I clicked it and as soon as it started I knew exactly where I'd heard it before! It's a cd that has been in Shane's multi-disc CD/DVD player for like forever. It's one that you don't necessarily realize you're listening to because it's great background music. But it's one that almost always plays when people are over and we all make food together!! Mmmmm!! Smiling so big right now! Great memories of lots of great friends and great food!!

...wait, i think it might actually be one Sadie plays when we cook Cuban/Mexican type food...shoot, now I'm not positive...!

Either way, thank you, Spanish Guitar, for taking me to very happy places!!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: