Saturday, January 15, 2011

Bienvenido a Skien, Norway!

We are now in Norway for the remainder of outreach!! Found out today that we will actually be going to 3 cities (Skien first, then somewhere in south Norway, then back to Skien, then finishing in Oslo). Right now we're at the YWAM Skien base - it is sa-weeeet!!!! It's an old prison!

I loved our time in Latvia and miss our friends so much! That's the hard part of outreach - building relationships and then leaving. First Estonia, then Latvia, and in a few weeks...Norway.

I am stoked to be in Norway and for what God wants to do in and thru us here. It sounds like we will get to do a lot of cafe ministries and youth ministry. Stoked!!!!!

My birfday was yesterday! And I got to start this new year of life in Skien, Norway!! A few friends at the base here wanted to pray for me and get words for me from God. Hey, who am I to say no? ;) one said God had big plans for me. Another said they got a corny but powerful rhyme "jen can" - meaning God was saying I can do it.

Last night we headed up a youth group service and I was part of the worship team and led Where You Go I Go and did You Won't Relent with Bob. I sang. Loud. With a mic. On a stage.

Jen can. With God's strength, Jen can - she did, and she will do. All glory to God!

We weren't going to do You Won't Relent because we didn't get to practice it during sound check. But we had extra time left at the end and the youth pastor wanted us to do something. so we werent prepared. as we walked up, Bob whispered to me, "just sing your heart out!" so I did.

When I was up there, I kept asking God for His strength and peace. And He did not withhold either from me. I am amazed at the things "i" am doing on this outreach. I say "i" because it is not by my own means or strength - it is by God's grace that I am able to do anything!

Praise Him!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: