Thursday, January 06, 2011

First moments in Latvia

1/2/11

Stacie Orrico song playing in Latvian food court.

Pay to use the toilets. I knew places in the world were like that, but this may be the first time I've gotten to experience it! Took TP from the counter where you pay. Jae paid for us. Best outreach leader EVER! :D

The bus driver wasn't jumping at the opportunity to help us load our bags. That's ok. We made him late, he was probably a little ticked. Oops. :)

Saw the first sunset there's been since we flew to Europe!! On the bus from Riga to ...? It wasn't huge, but I had my eyes closed and opened them just in time to see it (there was like a lake or something). Most of the sky was still cloudy but it broke open just enough to show a little bit of a sunset. "You are Faithful" by Kim Walker was playing on my iPod. God's intimate timing. :)

No comments: