Friday, December 17, 2010

things I’ve learned over the past 11 weeks

disclaimer: this is NOT an exhaustive list.

  1. I fear man a lot more than I fear God.  NO MORE!  I am puttin’ my foot down.  I will fear God and God alone!
  2. I DO have a testimony.  I’ve always felt like I didn’t have much of a testimony because I’ve grown up knowing God and He has always been a part of my life ever since I can remember.  I didn’t have a time of rebellion, I didn’t have a dramatic conversion story.  but I DO have a testimony – the hope that I have because of Christ, the pain He has protected me from because I didn’t go down any rebellious paths, and the way He has given me hope, peace, and joy in the midst of trials and hurts.  He has also restored me in areas that I struggled with (and He’s still workin’ on me, that’s for sure).  I DO have a testimony.
  3. In order to allow God to be my strength in my weakness, I have to ALLOW Him to be my strength in my weakness.  I have to be willing to operate in my weakness so that He can show His strength.  All for His GLORY!

1 comment:

Rebecca Lynne said...

I wish there was a "like" button like on Facebook, because I really like this post!
Please continue to write while you are in Europe.
:-D