Monday, September 27, 2010

day 1

this post might be a little short and to the point and lacking on the details – i’m nauseous, my head hurts, and i can’t stop yawning.  :)  a lot of it is probably from the altitude change.  it should pass in a couple days – hopefully!

i can’t skip straight to day 1 though – i have to first praise God for yesterday, the day i flew out to Denver.  totally overwhelmed by His peace!  i know i had so many friends praying for me and it was awesome to experience the power of prayer in such a real, tangible way.

shane took me to the airport, so i said bye to my parents in the morning…

DSC02904 then my girls at church…

DSC02905 then Shane (and Zeva)…
DSC02906

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

i tried to make conversation with the girl on the 1st flight (something i don’t normally do).  she kept giving me 1 word answers and not asking me anything back.  so…i resorted to my ipod.  :P 

ok now day 1

no one told me day 1 may be a struggle.  which is probably good, i guess.  but yeah – just the change of being with people you don’t know at all, in a place you’ve never been.

but i’ve met some really cool people.  last night i was in my room all by myself – now i have 7 other roommates!  it was kinda nice last night being able to unpack and get settled in.

this morning i woke up at 4:30am (or earlier – that’s when i finally checked my clock).  never fell back asleep – still on east coast time (obviously).  went for a walk at 7am, found the YMCA and got a membership.

ok my stomach hurts.  that’s all for today :)

2 comments:

Marissa said...

Oh, I didn't know you went and got a membership. Yay!

Jessica said...

Regardless, you got out and did something! You didn't just sit in your room and wait for people to come find you. You made an effort to talk to people and you took a walk around the area! Go JEN! :)