Tuesday, September 14, 2010

what am i doing?

i'm trading tropical paradise for snow - however, it's snow in Denver and really - it can't be that bad then, can it?
i'm leaving my car and will be car-less for the first time since i got my license (10 years ago).
i'm leaving my job where i make more than enough $ to live and live comfortably.
i'm leaving my community of friends that i love soooooo much.
i'm throwing myself into a situation where i don't know anybody and facing fears that i've always been handcuffed by. the last time i threw myself into something like that, i failed...miserably.

but this is different. i'm doing this in hopes of being fully surrendered to God. to show Him that fear has no hold on my life anymore and i am completely surrendered to His leading.

i have absolutely no idea what God has planned for me. no clue what will come of my adventure with YWAM. no idea what will be next. but that stokes me! i'm finally doing something with my life that requires me to just live by faith - and that is where true adventure is.

God, be glorified.

1 comment:

Marissa said...

You remind me of Abraham right now... maybe we should change your name to Jennifer Abe Meier.

Or not. In theory it sounded good, but I like Jo better actually. You still remind me of Abe though.