Tuesday, October 04, 2005

a new post!!

Sorry for the lack of updates people. I moved out of my wireless-internet hotel room this past weekend and am living once again with jodi & Jessica. It should only be for a week and then hopefully this weekend we can move into our house. But I really don’t plan on anything these days so we’ll see if it really happens.

I’m watching the televised broadcast of the Super Conference going on at Liberty right now. I decided to stay home tonight and watch it on TV instead of actually going to it. Just for kicks and giggles. And it does in fact make me giggle. See, there’s these 4 massive screens hanging in the 4 corners of the arena that the conference is being held in (which is also where we have chapel and campus church, among other things). Anyway, it’s always so funny when a choir will be singing and the camera zooms in on a certain person singing. They’re just singing along and then they catch a glimpse of themselves on one of the huge screens and rarely can they ever keep going on like normal. They get this smile on their face and sometimes they even start laughing and pointing (okay, so the only ones who’ve done that were the little kids who sang once, but still - it was adorable). It’s just funny, ‘cause you know if it was you you’d probably get that goofy grin on your face too. Now falwell’s speaking. I’ll stop there. :)

One other thing that makes me giggle is when ensembles are performing and at the same exact point in the song, they extend their hands out in front of them (not lifted up - extended straight out) in praise(?). I am in no way against people expressing themselves as they worship our awesome Lord. But it just doesn’t seem as like…genuine and sincere when you see a singing ensemble do the same exact thing at the same exact time, all while looking out at the crowd. Hey, they could be as sincere and genuine as ever - but still, it just makes me giggle. :D

Here’s an item for discussion that I’d like to hear anyone’s thoughts on. What do you think is the appropriate dress for church and why? Does it matter to you - and why? If you do think there is a certain way to dress for church, what do you think when you see someone wearing attire that doesn’t represent what you believe is appropriate?

If nobody responds, I’m never going to post again (yes, that’s supposed to be a threat - not a reward). :D

Keep it real.
~jen~

1 comment:

Becky said...

So you have a lot of questions there missy....Do I think there's appropriate attire for church. Yes, I think that one should dress modestly, not to draw attention to any particular part of his body. I think that is really the biggest issue to me. To dress up/not dress up...that is up to the individual...so people dress up out of reverance totally fine, but others use the verse "man looks at the outward appearence but God looks at the heart" and they choose to not take particular concern in their dress. So it is an individual basis I would say (taking into account the way God has told us to dress). So I don't think I have a reaction unless some one is dress immodestly. There's my thoughts. Did I tell you I love you? Cuz I do.