Saturday, January 19, 2013

epic birthday gifts

This year I got some of the coolest, most creative birthday gifts EVER!  I have to share them.  Because they are so great.
First off, a tower of decorated toilet paper rolls.  This is epic.  I actually used to collect toilet paper rolls when I was younger (as in, last year.  oh my goodness I’m totally kidding.  I was a LOT younger).  At one point, my mom finally convinced me that if I threw them away, she would give me 10 cents a roll.  I made $30. For those mathematically challenged, that’s 300 rolls.  True story.  So this gift has extra specialness to it!  And each roll was decorated with things I love!

The whole top is Despicable Me rolls – how great are those minions??  Seriously cute.
The second row has running shoes, “13.1” for the 1/2 marathon Kendra and I ran, weights (complete with straps – love it), Broncos, a “Look Good, Play Good” roll, and a few other randoms.
The bottom row is a mix of music and Florida!
What’s also amazing is that this was a collaboration of like…7 or 8 people or something.  The pictures don’t do it justice, but here are some shots…
IMG_5128IMG_5129IMG_5130
You can’t really see it in the pic, but the dolphin on the bottom has a googley eye glued on!!

              IMG_5135


and Mika made me a Starbucks roll! Hokey pete, this thing is LEGIT!
IMG_5131IMG_5132IMG_5133
"Jen This is for you because you like chai and I like Chai so this works.” – love it!
                 IMG_5134
and what would this be without a Zeva roll???
IMG_5139IMG_5136IMG_5137IMG_5138
The Wyoming/Florida plates and the statutes referencing state laws regarding license plates shows that a State Trooper made this.  Ok so we may have had a few debates as to whether or not I really needed to change my FL plate to WY…Ok so maybe he won and Zeva has WY plates now…Zeva’s still cute, the WY plates actually look really cute on her :)

The “Rock It” portable amplifier that turns any cardboard box or hard object into a sweet stereo!  I tested it out on a homemade “boom box” :)
IMG_5086

and the big finale picture.  a hilarious card from my great friend, Boonie (NOT Bonnie – it’s BOONIE!).  and a sweet card from my sister – the blue represents continual filling from Jesus, the red represents love, and the green represents growing.  love it.  :)  I am one blessed girl, so many amazing family and friends.

IMG_5140

No comments: