Wednesday, March 23, 2011

because I should

I’m writing this because I feel like I should.  I haven’t posted in a week (mainly because I was up in Orlando).  I don’t want to go too long without posting or else I might stop updating this thing.  which wouldn’t be the end of the world.  but I enjoy looking back, every once in awhile, thru my posts over the years.  it brings back memories and reminds me of phases or stages in life.  and sometimes I read a post and think, “what in the world?  I don’t remember that…” – haha :)

uncertainty of my plans hangs in the air.  actually, they all sit nice and comfortably in Abba’s hands.  but to my human nature, they seem to be hanging in uncertainty.  trying to figure out if God’s shutting doors and opening new ones or if He’s calling me to persevere past the appearance of closed doors.  the last thing I want to do is “run” when things get a little tough – I want to pursue a direction because I feel God’s leading me to it, not because it’s the easier route.

sometimes I wonder if there is an “easier” route each year I get further away from the days when all I had to do was go to school, work a little, but mainly just hang out with my friends.  do easy routes even exist as you get older?

I do know, however, that adventurous, exciting routes exist!!  that’s what I’m goin’ for. the ones where I couldn’t begin to imagine doing things on my own – but where I need God to come through.  where I need to rely on Him, in faith.

but I’m keeping the rest of my thoughts about my plans under wraps right now (as in, I’m not blogging about it yet until I’ve made a decision – but you can pray for wisdom and discernment for me!).

tonight I went to see the little Segard offsprings – I was going thru withdrawal.  I hadn’t seen them since saturday when we got back from O-town.  I love those little boogers.  I missed the rest of my fam too (really, Mom – I missed you! awww!) oh and Kristi got here today!!!!

we are studying Romans in small group. this week we did Romans 6.  it talks a lot about not being a slave to sin, but being free in Christ and a slave to righteousness.  it was an uber good reminder that I don’t have to be a slave to sin, like the ones that aren’t so much obvious from the outside.

this weekend, Amanda and I are headed up to Boca to get her sister, Meredith!!  so stoked to have these amazing sisters BOTH living back down here!  we’ve already all agreed that before we come home Sunday, a stop at the beach is necessary.  the real beach, you know – the one with waves.  ;)  even if it’s a short stop.  and I’m praying for waves so we can play in them and sit in awe of surfers and kiteboarders.  seeing them play in our awesome Creator’s ocean makes me giddy.  :)

and that about wraps it up for this “because I should” post.

No comments: