Saturday, October 09, 2010

the reoccurring theme

when shane drove me to the airport to fly to Denver, he kept telling me that this was a chance to start fresh.  coming to denver, nobody has pre-conceived notions of who jen is.  nobody knows me.  i can become the person God created me to be and not who people expect me to be.  i liked that concept.

tuesday morning last week (week 1) we had worship.  during worship, i felt God was showing me that i’ve let sin/satan dictate who i believe that i am.  i had always kind of just accepted that i am a person who lets fear hold her back, a person who lets anxiety overtake sometimes, etc.  that’s “just who i am”.  but that’s not true.  just because people expect me to be a certain way doesn’t make it right and doesn’t mean that’s how God’s created me to be.

friday morning during quiet time, i meditated on Psalm 139 where i am told that i am wonderfully and complexly made by the Creator of the universe (God).  He knew me before i was born, He knit me together in my mother’s womb.  i love that passage – i often have to remind myself of it when i’m feeling insecure or worthless.

during Friday’s worship time, a guy from another school here that i didn’t know came up to me and said, “i keep getting a ‘word’ for you – is it ok if i pray for you?” skeptical but curious, i nodded my head “yes” (it was pretty loud, the worship was still going on).  he said the word he kept getting was “transformation” and that he felt God telling him He wanted to transform me during this time.  being the skeptic that i often am when it comes to that type of stuff (i’m working on being open…), i thought it was cool but i also kinda thought “that is so vague – obviously anyone here for DTS is anticipating to be changed”.  but i still thought it was cool, and it was biblical, so i believe it was the Holy Spirit prompting him.  he also felt like God wanted to remind me i was beautiful to Him – which was cool too because just that morning i had meditated on Psalm 139.

anyway, this monday, in the first teaching session (this week’s speaker spoke on the Character of God), the first point the speaker made was that the goal of Christianity is – wait for it -- transformation. 

just seems to be a reoccurring theme that God keeps bringing up for me.

living in great anticipation of what He wants to do…

keep it real.
-jen

2 comments:

Kristen Crawford said...

Love you and am so proud of you JenDawg!! Can't wait to see what God does in and through you this year! <3

Marissa said...

On Sunday they had a powerpoint slide up saying something about being a a church where 'transformation' can happen... or something along those lines. I thought of you. I was going to take a picture but it went away too quickly =)