Friday, May 04, 2012

Dr. Daaaaaaaaan–update

I figured it’s time for an update on where I’m at with this crazy diet Dr. Dan (a naturopath doctor in Cheyenne, WY) has me on.

a recap: starting March 27, 2012 he put me on a 90-day detox from the following:

  • oats
  • wheat
  • corn
  • white refined sugar
  • brown sugar
  • milk (pasteurized and raw)

and he had me taking 8 multizyme supplements a day (2 at every meal and 2 before bed) and 3 diaplex supplements a day (1 with every meal).  I thought that was a lot, but apparently I was decently healthy because when I went to buy the supplements at the front desk, the girl’s mouth dropped and she exclaimed, “you’re so lucky!”  :)  just call me the big buff beast.  no really, feel free to.

:D  I crack myself up.

anyway, I feel GREAT.  the first couple weeks I felt like I spent more time standing in the kitchen staring into space than I did anywhere else in this world.  I thought for sure I was going to waste away and starve to death.  but it’s gotten a ton easier.  it’s been about 5 weeks now (or something like that) and now avoiding these things is coming naturally to me.  my energy level is higher (not like anyone really wanted that to rise, but SURPRISE!  it DID!  watch out world!) and my blood sugar levels seem to stay a lot more stable.  I still eat like…all day (true story).  but instead of it being PB & honey sandwiches on wheat bread and an assortment of granola bars, it’s more veggies, nuts, fruit, and Lara bars (oh how I love them).  I don’t really even like veggies.  but I’m eating them.  because they’re good for me.  and they’re on my “safe” list.  and they’re food.

I’ve lost 3 or 4 pounds, which I don’t really care about except that I probably should try not to lose any more than that.  :)  I have no clue how I’ve lost weight because I eat a lot of meat and potatos :)  and eggs.  what would make me really happy is if my sprained ankle would heal so I could start running again and training for hiking Pike’s Peak in June.  Cristine & I started P90X this week, which should help (although right now it’s made my ankle swell up again but that’s beside the point).

now I’m down to just 3 multizyme a day (1 at every meal) and 3 diaplex a day (1 at every meal).  BAM!  Dr. Dan told me I’d be bionic when he gets through with me.  I plan to hold him to that.  I don’t even fully know what being bionic means, but it sounds fun.

…yes, I just had a caffeinated americano.

No comments: