Tuesday, September 13, 2005

a quick update

i am almost completely over my cold! i accidently OD'ed (minorly) thursday night on cold medicine. i took dayquil at like, 9pm while i was at jodi and benton's house, went home and took tylenol flu/cold nightime 3 hours later at midnight (mistake #1 - i think you're supposed to wait like, 6 hours after taking dayquil before you take something more). woke up around 3:45am and popped in a couple tylenol flu/cold daytime pills, woke up at 6:50 for class and could barely walk straight :) whoops. friday morning is such a fog to me. benton drove me to class, met me after class & we got coffee and she sat me outside in the sun while she ran into her work for a minute. then she dropped me back off at the hotel where i crawled back into bed and slept a couple hours. by mid-afternoon i was over the medicine hangover and had an awesome time with my girls friday night at laura's. SO great to be back at school with them!

i think i might have pinkeye now in my left eye. and i have some odd knots on the side of my head beneath my ear...which i'm hoping is just like, swollen glands saying "hey, we're knocking that cold out for ya, so take it easy". so the left side of my head kinda feels like it's falling apart. that's okay, i always liked my right side better. just kidding. :)

our house has a couple kitchen cabinets put in and the walls have been primed. kristen said last night they were starting to paint, so i'm going to stop by after my theology class tonight and see what's been done. pray that we'll be able to move in this weekend!

i've been going to a hip hop dance aerobics class monday, tuesday, and thursday nights here on campus - it's free! and the girls are having a hip hop dance instructor (she's a freshman in college, but she's amazing) choreograph a dance for them to try out for the variety show and i decided i'd atleast go to the practices and learn some things (i don't plan on doing the show, but who knows). so we have that sunday afternoons for a couple hours and wednesday nights after church.

i re-applied at j crew yesterday (finally). that felt good to finally do it, even though it's not my 1st choice for work. they called me back today and i go in thursday to take an assessment test to see if i need to go thru training again. kristen passed it, so i'm hoping i pass. :) i think i'll like my work schedule a lot more this year because every time i work i'll be done by 5 or 6 at the latest, which leaves all my nights free (for working out & footba...i mean...homework, of course). i'll probably be working 4 hours on tuesday, 8 on thursday and 8 on friday.

and after your 1st year at LU, you have to do 20 hours of christian community service each semester. i finally found one that fits with my schedule! :::drum roll please::: i'll be helping out at the LU boy's hockey team games! hahaha :) LU's building an ice rink here on campus for them, but for now they're still playing at like...11:45pm on saturday nights in roanoke, which is about a 45 minute drive. most people don't get home 'til 3 or 4 in the morning :) but hey, benton's doing it too and it works in my schedule, so i think it'll be fun.

i think that's all to update people on for now. however, if there is a specific topic of interest that i did not cover, please submit your questions in the comment area.

HA

keep it real.
~jen~

No comments: