Saturday, August 20, 2005

transitioning

sorry for the lack of updates this week. lots of stuff going on in the mind/heart, but not having time to post! i'm in a hotel room right now, in the process of moving back to school. the house we are moving into isn't finished yet (it's being built) so things are kinda crazy right now and will be for the next couple weeks 'til the house is done and we can get settled in.

as i was driving through west virginia yesterday by myself, i was listening to Shane & Shane and singing along every now and then. but then i sensed God speaking to me, and really laying this on my heart - how many times do i listen to all these worship/praise songs and sing along out of habit and not really concentrating on what i'm singing? and i felt like God was saying, "listen, these songs are great and I'm honored when you sing them to Me from your heart, but can you just turn off the music for a little while and talk to Me?" at first i tried to justify keeping the music on, but the voice inside my head just kept saying "turn it off, just turn it off". so i turned it off and spent quite a bit of time riding thru those beautiful mountains talking & praying to God and it totally refreshed me, spiritually and emotionally. one (out of many) thing i love about God is that you can just talk to Him - you don't need some drawn out, elloquent prayer. just converse with Him. man, He blows my mind :)

sometimes i get stuck in the mindset of just "following the rules" of the Christian faith and forget that my God is a personal God who wants me to have a personal relationship with Him. He's the best friend that will never hurt you in any way, not in the smallest way, and not even once. and He DESIRES for you to know Him, He DESIRES for you to just spend time with Him, like you would with your best friends here on earth.

well my dad has "The Terminal" on and i'm wiped, so i'm going to wrap this up. i'm stoked to see and experience God move thru lives here at Liberty this year, and i'm just as stoked to hear about how God is moving thru my friend's lives back home.

Jesus is what? Jesus is awesome!

keep it real.
~jen~

1 comment:

Valerie said...

Oh Jen! Makes me cry!! You may not know it, but your posts are such an encouragement and challenge to me. Praying for you this semester and trusting that you'll see God do amazing (hey, ordinary!) things in your life. Keep the real stuff coming -- I need to hear it and I know others do too.