Tuesday, April 22, 2014

the beauty of this moment

 
I went on a quest to get wood this afternoon to build my hammock stand.
I may have gotten distracted by the warm sunshine...
I'm at a coffee shop, enjoying a little reading outside in the sun before I continue on in my search for wood.
There is a beautiful, warm breeze blowing.
As if that's not enough, my ears perked up when they picked out the melody line of "I Shot the Sherriff" by Bob Marley playing over the speakers. My ears had tuned out the jazz music playing, until this great jazz rendition of the Bob Marley song came on.  A jazz rendition of Marley?? I didn't even know such a thing existed!!

We have such a personal God that delights in giving good gifts!  He knows what warms my heart - coffee, sunshine, warm breezes, and music that reminds me of the islands.

I'm so glad I listened to that still, small whisper that said, "grab your iPad out of the car and stay awhile" as I started walking to my car to continue with errands.  This was unexpected!  But I suppose that's how God most often works. ;)

 
Now there's a rock/Celtic song playing! Who's up for a spontaneous Irish jig??

No comments: