Monday, August 19, 2013

destination: AVP tour

I went out to our family’s ranch yesterday for the afternoon.  I turned on the TV to put on a football game to fall asleep to.  shortly after finding a game, I wondered if by some crazy chance there was any beach volleyball being broadcast.  so I used the search thing on the TV and was stoked to find out the AVP Salt Lake City Open was on!!  my chances of falling asleep for a nap went out the window.

watching the women play made me want to move to SoCal and play every day at the beach.

then the announcers were talking about how these women are over 6 feet tall.

and my realistic hopes of becoming a pro beach volleyball player started to quickly fade.  (realistic.  HA.)

but then they did a quick spotlight interview on another AVP women’s player who was on a different tour.  she mentioned she was “short” for a beach volleyball player and I perked up right away!  and she said she didn’t start playing until after she got married and her husband made her go to the beach to play with him – suddenly my hope returned!

so I googled this girl to see how “short” she was, feeling like I instantly had this new inspiration to look up to.

I’m pulling up her info on my phone, all excited about my new prospects of becoming a pro beach volleyball player.  and then I find the crusher.  yes, according to AVP standards, she’s “short”.  but apparently, to them I must be a midget.  she’s 5’8”.

I’m 5’3”.

and my restored dream came crashing down for the 2nd time in a span of 20 minutes.

you would think I’d let it go after that, right?

no.  of course not!

this morning I decided to google what the height of the shortest AVP player is.

wait for it…

the shortest woman AVP player is 5 feet and 3 beautiful inches tall!!!!

ladies and gentlemen, I think I will be moving to SoCal – you can find me on the beach every day, playing on the courts.  for those of you who want to support me financially so that I can play volleyball all day every day, I will write your names on my arms each game.

well, I need to get to packin’ my bags.

 

…no I’m not serious.  but in my heart I am!!!!!

1 comment:

Skerrib said...

Fantastic! I'm 5'2" so I guess I'm out completely...