Tuesday, March 05, 2013

Today.

Today I was going to be flying home to Florida for a week to work.
And to see my niece (Lucy) perform in her first community theater production - The Sound of Music (she plays Marta!).
And to meet & possibly hang out with Tim Tebow (not even joking).
And to see great family and friends.
And to make some really decent money working a full week.

And my ticket would have been paid for by my work.

This would've been my third trip to Florida this winter (I love my life!!).

And I decided to turn it all down. And cried immediately after making that decision. :) and then I woke up the next morning to snow. HA.

For whatever reason, I didn't have peace about going. My responsibilities and opportunities here have like, quadruplified. I don't know why, but I felt like God was asking me to choose to stay put and be faithful and responsible with what He has given me to be a part of up here. It was a super hard decision. But I believe that His plan is far better than my own.

Today I would have been flying a couple thousand miles to a much warmer, greener, tropical-er climate. But God is so good. He gave me the gift of an afternoon going to Cheyenne with Cristine & Mika. He takes care of me. :) this sacrifice is nothing compared to what God gave thru His Son, Jesus, in order to adopt me as His own.

He is worth it all.

To my family and friends in Los Cayos - enjoy this weekend. ;) oh - and go see Lucy in the Sound of Music!!!

No comments: