Wednesday, August 01, 2012

tonight, we eat steak

(monday, 7/30/12)

this morning I woke up to 3 cows outside my window.  mooing.

when I say outside my window, I mean … literally right outside my window.

during the night, the cows got out and all through the night we kept waking up to the sound of unusual mooing.  around 5am, I finally got up to look out the window to see what was clanking around outside my window.  I didn’t have my glasses on, so at first I saw this huge black animal and I thought, “IT’S A MOOSE!!!!” and I was so excited.  then I thought it was a black bear.  then I grabbed my glasses.  and realized they were cows.

I heard my dad go outside.  then I heard a pack of coyotes howling and it sounded like they were right outside my window.  I thought for a second that maybe my dad had gotten attacked by the coyotes.  then I decided that would be absurd.  then I decided I should see if my dad needed help.  it was at that point that I realized my dad’s true calling: to be a shepherd.  that guy had all but a couple calves rounded up and herded back into the right pasture!  that’s MY DAD!  :)

we got back in around 6am.  since the cows kept everyone else up all night, almost all of us slept past 9am this morning.  we didn’t even eat breakfast until 10am.  totally not normal for us.

I have never had a dislike for cows.  until this morning.

I decided we should eat steak tonight.  just to spite them.

No comments: