Wednesday, September 07, 2011

a day of blessings

today was full of great things!

I woke up this morning feeling like maybe I should put an “end date” on my time here, like if I don’t have a job by a certain date, I’ll head home.  in other words, jen started (once again) getting nervous about the depleting money situation that occurs when you aren’t working.  I fail so easily at remembering God’s faithfulness that He has shown me time and time again in the past.

today I got to babysit my cousin’s daughter - she’s 2 and completely adorable.  but she hadn’t really warmed up to me yet – except I did get a “pound it” out of her one time this summer.  that was monumental.  so I wasn’t sure how today was going to go but I was excited to help out and get to watch her (and her 3 year old cousin from the other side of her family).  we had so much fun!  i think we’ve finally established that she’s cool and I’m cool and we might as well just be cool together.  ;)

then I got to go with Paul to meet Larry, a house church pastor who’s phenomenal on the guitar and is passionate about teaching others guitar.  did I mention that he roasts his own coffee?  yeah.  totally rocks.  today we had coffee from papa new guinea.  and we all played guitar together for a couple hours and he gave me pointers and encouraged me to stick with the right-handed guitar since I can already play it, instead of learning the left-handed guitar.  not only that, but he gave us this guy’s # in town who works on guitars and can make pretty much any guitar (cheap or expensive) sound great.  I had been thinking I needed to upgrade to a better guitar if I was going to stick with a righty…which means $$ that I definitely don’t have right now.  but this guy works on guitars for like $30 and makes them sound great!!!!!!  dude – totally stoked because I love my red gitter.

I left Larry’s really encouraged.  not only did I learn a lot, but he also loves God and loves people and as soon as you meet him, you feel like you’ve been friends for awhile.  he offered to continue getting together with us to teach once a month or so for free – um…hello.  that would be amazing and so generous of him!

while I was at Larry’s, my Aunt called me to tell me her friend may have a 6-week temp job for me!!!  starting immediately!  I’ll be getting in contact with the woman first thing tomorrow morning to find out more.  TOTALLY STOKED!  praise God for such a huge blessing that has restored my hope once again!  I def will update on if this works out or not!

tonight I went for a run and really pushed myself – well…I pushed myself for awhile but then needed to be pushed to keep going (thankfully Paul was feelin’ good).  some days I really miss living at sea level.  :)  this 6,300+ ft elevation kills me when it comes to long-distance running.  I’m improving, but slowly.  plus there are hills here.  double whammy.  but it feels good to have had a good run tonight.

oh – note to self – eating a full dinner of spaghetti and going running immediately afterwards does not come highly recommended.  I nearly left my dinner on the side of the road a couple times.  and it’s taken me about an hour after the run to not feel like I was going to see my spaghetti dinner floating in the porcelain bowl.

dude…God has overwhelmed me today with His blessings.  He never gives us more than we can handle.  right when I was starting to lose hope, out of His grace and everlasting love He threw blessing upon blessing on me today.  Praise Him!

No comments: