Monday, March 10, 2014

the gifts of today

lest i take my days for granted and overlook blessings as a given...

-today I got to drink pure, clean water out of jugs!  CLEAN water!
-today I got to take time to enjoy my morning coffee and talk with my Father…the Creator of the UNIVERSE.  seriously?!  I am so thankful for Jesus!
-today I was thankful for the flexibility of my job, because I could not concentrate on work this morning and so I moved on to other things after a couple hours of trying.
-today I got to see family!  family is a gift I too often take for granted.
-today I got to have coffee with friends and laugh and dream and plan.
-today I got to listen to music and have a spontaneous dance party in my kitchen!  what a gift it is to be able to hear music and be able to dance (even if I’m a white girl – I don’t even care!).
-today I got to taste spring!  ok not literally.  I got to feel spring.  it was finally 70 degrees!  2-4” of snow forecasted for tomorrow, but that’s beside the point. :)
-today I experienced victory over insecurity!  I experienced what it was like to act out of love and not out of fear in a situation where I normally would’ve fallen to fear!  thank You, Jesus, for the victory that can only come thru You!
-today I was reminded of the opportunity I had to go thru YWAM a few years ago, the forever friends I made thru that experience, and the way God has completely redirected my life since then!
-today I am thankful for grace and for the countless ways I have experienced God’s unending grace thru fellow brothers & sisters in Christ.
-today I am thankful for the vehicle that I have – it’s reliable, it has a sunroof, it has heated seats, and is a blessing in so many ways!  I’m thankful I even have a vehicle.
-today I got to experience love thru so many people, in different ways!
-today I was able to see the sunset – and what a magnificent one it was, too!  I am so thankful I have my sight and that God delights in blowing us away with brilliant colored skies!  the picture doesn’t do it justice.

Sunset 3.10.14

i.  love.  my life.

No comments: