Wednesday, May 08, 2013

second chances

i don't share my own raw recordings on here often, but once in awhile i get struck by a song and i have to share it. this is one of those times. i needed this reminder of the Cross and the power of the Cross this week. you should youtube the real version, it's sweet. Second Chances - Rend Collective Experiment

Verse 1:
My future hangs on this
You make preciousness from dust
Please don't stop creating me

Your blood offers the chance
To rewind to innocence
Reborn, perfect as a child

Chorus:
Oh Your cross, it changes everything
There my world begins again with You
Oh Your cross, it's where my hope restarts
A second chance is Heaven's heart

Verse 2:
When sin and ugliness
Collide with redemption's kiss
Beauty awakens by romance

Always inside this mess
I have found forgiveness
Mercy as infinite as You

Bridge:
Countless second chances
We've been given at the cross
Countless second chances
We've been given at the cross

Verse 3:
Fragments of brokenness
Salvaged by the art of grace
You craft life from our mistakes

Black skies of my regrets
Outshone by this kindness
New life dawns over my soul

2 comments:

Skerrib said...

This is you singing? This is great!

Jessica Schatzle said...

Beautiful!