Sunday, February 24, 2013

an afternoon hiatus

I feel like I took a hiatus from life this afternoon.  not on purpose.  it just…happened.  which I think was my body’s way of telling me that it had finally reached “empty”.

I woke up around 3:45am today and couldn’t fall back asleep.  after church, I came home and crashed on my bed, hidden under my electric heating blanket and with my electric fireplace blazing heat into my room.  and I laid there for 3 hours.  doing…absolutely nothing.  you would think one would fall asleep during this time.  I guess I forgot to mention that as soon as I got home from church, I had a cup of fully caffeinated coffee.  because I hadn’t had coffee all day yet.  and I have no self-control in that area.  #epicfail.

I watched 1 episode of “Beyond Boarders”, a surf documentary series put out by Steelroots – a Christian extreme sports ministry.  and then I was curious to see what Steelroots was currently putting out, so I pulled up their website on my phone – and they are no more.  that was sad.  they put a super cool video on their site though, explaining that they had closed down production for now.  what I loved about it is that they also totally encouraged viewers to go be the Gospel to others.  if you’re interested to see it, you can go here: http://steelroots.com/

anyway, I had no motivation whatsoever to get out of bed all afternoon.  this is totally not like me.  but at the same time, I didn’t feel guilty about it – because I can’t even remember the last time this happened.  I eventually got up to say hi to my roommate who came home.  I made my bed.  turned off the heating blanket.  stood in my room staring blankly at nothing in particular.  looked back at my now-made bed.  and threw myself down on it again for another 1/2 hour or so.

I really have no point to this post.  but I suppose that’s OK.

No comments: