Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Into the Sunset

Currently on a non-stop flight from Fort Lauderdale to Denver. I love flying West on late afternoon/early evening flights. It's like you're chasing the sunset. The sunset lasts forever!! The sky still has orange, pink, and blue hues and it's been over an hour at least. Beautimous!! I picked this side of the plane because I knew I'd have the best shot of catching the sinking of the sun. We were stuck in clouds for a long time and I was so bummed that I missed the sunset. But them the sky above and the horizon opened up and brilliant colors filled the sky! The picture doesn't do it justice.

Today I rented a car to drive up to Fort Laudy. Totally the funnest car I've ever rented this far - and I've rented quite a few. A mini cooper!!! It was such a sweet ride over the bridges, thru the islands, with the sunroof open! Zoom zoom ;) I really wanted to go flying over the median and find some stair to drive down like in the movie "Italian Job" but I wasn't sure my insurance would cover it, nor would the police probably think it was a great idea.

Ok I ended the post but this flight is forever long and I'm not falling asleep at all so let's see what else comes out of Jen's ramblings at 35,000+ feet...

I barely made my flight today :) oops. I meant to be super early. It...just didn't happen. Story of my life. However, even though I went straight from security to standing line to load at the gate (literally - they were lined up when I got there), I still managed to get 1 comment about my guitar. This guy goes, "sweet guitar..." ... to which I said "thanks" but what I was really thinking was, "you can't even see my guitar, you gringo! It's in it's case! My case could be empty or filled with old napkins I saved from elementary school that my mom wrote notes on and stuck in my lunch every day!"

But I went with "thanks" instead.

I so almost pulled a Brian Regan today. As the guy at the ticket counter took my ticket, he goes, "have a nice flight!" and I came so close to saying, "You too!"...when you...fly next...next time you fly--have a nice flight...

I love my family so much and already miss them so much. This morning, Claire (4) was adamant that we needed to celebrate my birthday this morning (today is not my birthday). So at breakfast, she had Sadie stick a candle in a piece of banana on top of my piece of toast :) so cute.

Ugh. Turbulence. And the head starts spinning. Time to stop looking at the screen...






No comments: