Wednesday, April 06, 2011

doors

recently, I’ve been trying to figure out if God was calling me to surrender some of my own dreams or if it was just doubt/confusion - which is not from God.  wrestling.  I kept feeling like God was saying, “Look – surrender your small-minded dreams to Me because I have much bigger plans for you – things you can’t even imagine.” 

I decided to surrender my dreams to God, anyway.  I figured that way I couldn’t go wrong.  :)  and I kinda felt like God was wanting me to surrender like…my small-minded, one-direction dreams to Him.  as if He wanted me to keep my desires and passions, but allow Him to show me different ways He wanted to use them instead of me just heading one specific way that I had chosen.

but I also realized surrendering my plans and dreams isn’t the easiest thing to do.  the selfish side of me wants to do what I want. the controlling part of me wants to be in charge of what direction I go and what my plans will be.  so the past few weeks have been a wrestling match between me and God.  but it’s been worth it.

as soon as I truly felt like I surrendered my plans and dreams to God, things started changing.  out of the blue, I got a call from a friend who wanted to have lunch and discuss ministry opportunities.  turns out their church is looking for someone to take over the youth ministry and they wanted to know if I was interested.  hello!  of course I’m interested!  :)

a few days later, my cousin calls from out West and encourages me again to come out there, even if it’s just for a month this summer, to get some worship leading experience with him.  play some music, write some music, do worship at youth camps.  hello!  of course I’m interested!  :)

I believe God has much bigger plans for each of us than we could ever imagine.

Eph. 3:20-21 “Now to Him who is able to do immeasurably more than al we ask or imagine, according to His POWER that is at work within us, to Him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever!  Amen.”

there is freedom in surrender.

2 comments:

Nenna said...

Wow!! God work in mysterious ways! :D I have felt JUST the same way the last weeks. God put a song in my heart. A norwegian song. A part of the song (translatet of course):

"My father, looking past my song. Past every tune. My heart seeks your way. My heart seeks your way.

Take what I love most. My dream and my own life. Let me get close. Teach me to trust you."

God have taken some of my dreams, and created new ones! Better dreams, bigger dreams! Thank you Jesus!

Wish you all well, and I would really like to come visit you in the States! :D ?

Unknown said...

wow that song has great words! i want to hear it - i just wish i could understand Norwegian! :) i love that you can totally relate to me on surrendering our own dreams in exchange for God's bigger and better ones. you are more than welcome anytime to come visit me in the States!!