Wednesday, May 18, 2005

b to the izzy

yeah, sorry for lack of updates to anyone who checks this. i got home here in michigan friday night and have been going non-stop pretty much ever since (except monday...ahhh i slept in that day! good times). i've been working 8 1/2 hour days at work...but i'm not complaining, it's fun to see the company doing so well now. plus friends from church are starting to get hired there so that makes it even more funner (hehe i just like that word).

josh gave me my 1st guitar "lesson" last night. it was pretty frusterating on both of our ends, but we'll get there eventually. most of the time consisted of the following circle:
me: "okay josh, teach me how to strum, i know how to play the basic chords"
josh: "...i can't teach you how to strum, i don't know how i do it, it just comes naturally"
me: "well still, just teach me how"
josh: "i can't..."
:::silence:::
josh: "here, start playing this song how you normally would"
me: "no, see i don't even know how i would strum it because i just don't even know how"
josh: "yes you do, just start"
:::silence::: (both of us staring at the songbook)
josh: "go!"
:::silence:::
me: "josh i can't! i'm strum deficient! i don't know where to even start!"

...a little bit later...

josh: "i can't teach you how to strum, i can teach you how to play chords and how to pick, but i can't teach you how to strum"
me: "fine, teach me how to pick then"
josh: "...well first you need to know how to strum..."

...

it can only get better from here :)

one day i WILL be able to play with the best of them - look out shane barnard.

okay i'm going to bed. work tomorrow and then straight to our softball game which we are almost guaranteed to lose, since we've never won a game. :) but we sure have fun losing!

keep it real.
~jen~

No comments: